Monday, February 1, 2016

Driver of Car Finally Turns Right


After a lengthy deceleration, the driver of a 1998 Ford Taurus wagon finally turned right.

Jim Dumas, the driver directly behind the Taurus, witnessed the whole event. “At first I thought something was wrong. I mean, no one was in front of her. I tried to help her along by following closely and tapping my horn.” After a time, Dumas switched from arrhythmic horn-tapping to “trying to play the theme song from ‘Happy Days’.”

The driver of the Taurus, Helen Strahan, was unaware that her driving was drawing any attention. “That’s just the way I drive,” she said. “Safe and sound, like everyone should.”

Drivers in the center lane, waiting for their green light, soon noticed Strahan’s slow but determined progress and began cheering her on. “When I heard that,” Strahan beamed, “I felt like Richard Earnhardt at the Superdrive Bowl!”

At approximately 5:37 p.m., Strahan completed the turn at amid the honks and cheers of fellow motorists. She gradually accelerated onto Franklin Avenue until she got dangerously close to approaching the posted speed limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment