Monday, February 29, 2016

I Bleed Blood

I gave blood today. I like giving blood. Really, I do. 

No I don't. But I had you, didn't I? You think I'm the kind of person who would LIKE giving blood. "Oh, there goes that Mike Scotchie. (whispering) He likes giving blood!" But it's something I've done as long as I can remember. When I was a kid I gave blood all the time, mostly to the sidewalk, but preferably to new carpeting. Now the bloodmobile comes to our office every 2 months to collect it in a more orderly fashion. I like that. This could be "a thing." When the inevitable vampire apocalypse takes place, I'll be ready. "All right, fellas, settle down. SETTLE DOWN. Here's a pint, I'll see you in 8 weeks. Now beat it!"

One other thought -- why do bloodmobiles set their A/C on "Arctic"? I could hear a crackle as the syringe pierced my frozen flesh. I think I donated a pint of Slurpee. Here's a fun idea for bloodmobiles around Halloween, and I shared it with the crew last year in October. Decorate the inside of the bus with fake blood squirts on the ceilings and walls by the beds. Oh what fun! They didn't think it was a great idea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment